• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map mod for Panzer Battles
05-11-2019, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 04:00 AM by wiggum.)
Map mod for Panzer Battles
Hi !

I use the great MapMod by Jison for all my Panzer Campaigns and FWWC games and i cant imagine playing without it.
Since a MapMod is currently not available for Panzer Battles i spent a hour or two yesterday converting the Panzer Campaigns MapMod for Panzer Battles. I also included some of my own work.

Here is a prototype screenshot:

100% zoom:
[Image: cBeycFL.jpg]

Any feedback ?

I edited the terrain and added subtile hex-outlines. Now you can see heights clearer. The terrain goes from dark green (low ground) to yellowish brighter green (medium height) to brown (hight ground). I also modified the Field artwork as you can see. Everything else is basically taken from the MapMod by Jison and modified to fit into Panzer Battles.
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2019, 03:41 AM,
RE: Map mod for Panzer Battles
Looks great!
05-13-2019, 12:13 AM,
Fantastic that you took the time and effort to make this mod! I always use Jison's MapMod in my PC games. So I would love to try this one in my PB games.

As far as I can see from the screen-shot the placing of the towns is far more natural than in the original map. I like that. But I'm not sure if you did change that.
05-13-2019, 03:58 AM,
@TMinus One

I just did copy & past & adjust the artwork from Jison's MapMod for the most part so i think its just a accidentally that it appears more natural.

50% zoom level
[Image: T7eNA8u.jpg]
05-14-2019, 12:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 12:39 AM by wiggum.)
I updated the Rivers, Canals & Bridges to the MapMod style. I also completed the MapMod style 25% view:

50% view with MapMod rivers:
[Image: asdSYMS.jpg]

25% view:
[Image: csCgVBX.png]

I really like how this is turning out. Now Panzer Battles has the clean and modern look like Panzer Campaigns with the MapMod. Again, all praise to Jison ! Currently i have only reworked the "Europe" and "Russian" Map artwork of the Demo. I will now rework the artwork for the "Pacific" and "Desert" Maps.
05-17-2019, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 11:23 PM by wiggum.)
New MapMod style Desert Terrain for Panzer Battles:

100% Zoom:
[Image: 7Pb0csU.png]

Do you like it ?
05-19-2019, 06:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 06:40 PM by wiggum.)
Changed the colors of the desert maps to the new desert PzC MapMod style:

50% zoom:
[Image: fDKVnzg.png]

100% zoom:
[Image: VGOBp0C.png]

100% zoom:
[Image: 3Dx6I5T.png]