I'm downsizing my game commitments and not starting new games at the moment. Some of it is the usual CS burnout that comes and goes over the years but I'm trying to formulate an idea before I put it out and see who is interested.
- linked, campaign games. At least one side will keep the same units and enter the next scenario units OOBs adjusted by losses and reinforcements.
- if campaign goes on long enough, potential for upgrades in weapons and also unit morale, etc.
- possibility of team game but have to keep it small, both for quick play but less chance of someone dropping out over a long period.
- will need a referee (me)
- games are not ladder games. Think the ladder allows reporting games to get credit for playing but no extra points for major victory, etc. The victory is in preserving your units for the next scenario but also successfully following orders.
- the campaign will be covered by a modified During Action Report (DAR) on a dedicated blog. The DAR would post on the last scenario.
- everyone involved adds content. Some can create maps for future scenarios while all should add content to the blog. The blog wouldn't just be a DAR but also an advertisement for the game and the club. I'm kind of, sort of, experimenting with someone along those lines here (https://wargamewednesday.blogspot.com/20...eries.html
) with the V Panzer scenario (new post coming this Wednesday!).
Once I finish a couple more games I'll post and solicit ideas and see who is interested.