• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sight I have never seen before in SB...
01-23-2019, 07:43 PM,
A sight I have never seen before in SB...
Just wanted to tell of this surprising spectacle, I don't have a problem with it, I am just sharing an odd phenomena and wondering if anyone else had ever witnessed it.

Playing WW1: 

10 Brits plus an officer are assaulting 2X pinned Germans in a trench. 

...The result of the assault?

....All 10 of the Brits plus the officer killed. The trench hex vacated by the now demoralized Germans, who I think lost just 2 men.

Dead

The suddenly vacant hex was a shock..the "victors" all dead, the losers mainly in good shape but now in the next hex!

..yeah, it's debatable who was really the victor here, I am just glad I had some more boys ready to consolidate that hard won hex.  Big Grin2
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2019, 09:01 PM,
RE: A sight I have never seen before in SB...
(01-23-2019, 07:43 PM)Embis Wrote: Just wanted to tell of this surprising spectacle, I don't have a problem with it, I am just sharing an odd phenomena and wondering if anyone else had ever witnessed it.

Playing WW1: 

10 Brits plus an officer are assaulting 2X pinned Germans in a trench. 

...The result of the assault?

....All 10 of the Brits plus the officer killed. The trench hex vacated by the now demoralized Germans, who I think lost just 2 men.

Dead

The suddenly vacant hex was a shock..the "victors" all dead, the losers mainly in good shape but now in the next hex!

..yeah, it's debatable who was really the victor here, I am just glad I had some more boys ready to consolidate that hard won hex.  Big Grin2

Lol... I've seen a lot of stuff in Squad Battles but that's pretty damn rare... I vaguely recall that happening to me maybe once or twice if at all??

First World War is a fun game, I've been playing a lot of it lately.

If you ever wanna strike up a pbem match, let me know :) I prefer Central Powers but any side is always interesting.

Patton2

Ironwulf dot games at gmail dot com
Send this user an email
01-24-2019, 06:05 AM,
Ouch - - FWW must be a blood bath game - - - - I'll have to bump it up in my priority list
01-24-2019, 11:15 AM,
FWW is indeed a bloodbath, losses are off the chart! Good game though! Has gas and all that!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-25-2019, 05:10 AM,
I think FWW is one of the better of the series.
01-26-2019, 04:34 AM,
(01-25-2019, 05:10 AM)Landser34 Wrote: I think FWW is one of the better of the series.

It's grown on me quite a bit and is now one of my personal favorites - if you're looking for a new squad battles title it's a great choice in my opinion.

The stock graphics are pretty good and one thing I appreciate bout it is the unit density on the maps; the first world war battles are often action packed with lots to do.
Send this user an email