I was going to wait for Kharkov'43 Gold, but I think that will be the last East Front game elevated to such status. And the scenario came along nicely I thought I'd release it for testing ahead of time.
Operation Rumyantsev (Aug 3 to Aug 23, 1943) (Kharkov'43)
On August 3, 1943 Stavka launched the operation to liberate Belgorod and Kharkov. In what Germans would later call the 4th Battle of Kharkov, the depleted divisions of the Wehrmacht and SS would put up a twenty day hard fought struggle to stem the colossal giant. Four soviet armies would smash into two German divisions, all but wiping them from the map in a matter of hours, allowing them to spring deep into German held areas. Mobile reserves were rushed to the area, but after a bitter fight soviets numerical superiority prevailed.
With the Soviet Armies, can you accomplish what was done historically in the allotted time. Or, in control of the German forces, can you maneuver your mobile forces to save Kharkov for a 3rd time, snapping victory from the jaws of defeat.
1) German forces are severely depleted.
2) Soviet airforce was not effective early on in the operation, but this improves over time. The Luftwaffe is deadly.
3) Many German units have reduced strength, allowing them to rest(if possible) can recover losses over time.
4) Alternative assault and indirect fire resolution should be used. As well as VST.
5) Beware of encirclements, there are no supply sources to be found in major cities.
6) Uses Kharkov'43 game
7) Scenario has its own pdt file to eliminate the effectiveness penalty of reduced strength units. (I think it works that way)
8) Utilizes the new infantry+HW hybrid unit type with updated unit stats and increases company strength levels.
There are still some I need to add or adjust to accommodate my naming schemes. These will be updated over time as I bring all my scenarios under the same naming schemes.
On the to-do list
1) better fact checking of actual tank strength in SS divisions.
2) Verify foreign tank types and numbers in the soviet tank brigade using lend-lease vehicles.
1) Updated unit strength numbers to hopefully better reflect the situation.
2) Converted all unit stats to my database for uniformity.
3) Converted all names to correspond with that db, and for uniformity.
4) Reworked victory conditions with Victory Locations instead of accumulated points.
Russian Major Victory = Holding 30+ Victory Locations (German major defeat)
Russian Minor Victory = Holding 21+ Victory Locations (German minor defeat)
German Major Victory = Holding 30+ Victory locations (Russian major defeat)
German Minor Victory = Holding 21+ Victory locations (Russian minor defeat)
A note on unit images: I will attempt to make those available before the weekend. I need to change the names to correspond with what I've created. More work, but it allows for uniformity as I move forward with my scenarios.
Edited: I've uploaded my working Unit Values sheet(excel sheet). For any interested in how I'm determining my database. it's not pretty, but might be illuminating. I'm always looking to fill holes, or update current information upon finding new sources, hence it's a working sheet.