• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range of fire for on map artillery division
11-15-2017, 01:54 PM,
Range of fire for on map artillery division
I accidentally built a rocket division and noticed that it has appeared on map with 1000 rocket launchers (woot).  Reading the manual the only thing I can find on range is from 15.6.1 which says Soviet artillery firing from range 2 will fire more often.  So how do I know what the maximum range of the unit is?  I looked inside but did not see a range stated in unit details.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2017, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 05:43 AM by Weasel.)
RE: Range of fire for on map artillery division
Ok, finally got my rockets into the second line yesterday and while assaulting I was able to include them in the assault.  They only have an attack value of 1 so I am not sure if the artillery causes  other effects like suppression or what, but I am sure it does since an attack value of 1 hardly makes sense to build such an expensive unit.  Will have to dig through the book.

**Duh, 5.3.13 tells about the range for artillery, I read it and didn't register it before I asked this question....old brain**
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-20-2017, 05:57 AM,
Upon further searching I have found out that while artillery does not have a high CV, it can fire on its' own at a range of two and can only be countered by enemy artillery.  Also artillery has a far greater chance of reducing fortifications, thus you could put down a heavy barrage with just artillery and then attack.  I will have to build more of these.

Does anyone else build and use them?
11-21-2017, 02:37 PM,
I built an arty division once but then didn't know what to do with it, didn't realize it could attack from 2 hexes. Have to remember that when I have time to play again.
[Image: exercise.png]
Yesterday, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 04:56 AM by Weasel.)
It isn't clear in the manual at all, sort of all just mentioned in passing really. Such a big manual, and so poorly written.

Like last night I noticed I had construction battalions and RR repair crews fixing RR; I thought construction crews were for building defences and such, didn't know they could fix track; searched the manual and there is nothing on it at all, especially for RR repair crews.