• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany as AI
05-20-2017, 10:11 AM,
Germany as AI
I was reading on Matrix that Germany sucks as AI opponent, easy to defeat.  I have to admit that it does seem that I am  having little trouble with the AI right now, on turn 13 and Smolensk is still safe, Odessa isn't threatened, and Leningrad is secure with the beastly Germans still at least 100 miles away; and to top that off I have cut off two panzer and a mechanized division.

I guess the AI has to be given a bonus to be tough?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 09:28 AM,
RE: Germany as AI
(05-20-2017, 10:11 AM)Weasel Wrote: I was reading on Matrix that Germany sucks as AI opponent, easy to defeat.  I have to admit that it does seem that I am  having little trouble with the AI right now, on turn 13 and Smolensk is still safe, Odessa isn't threatened, and Leningrad is secure with the beastly Germans still at least 100 miles away; and to top that off I have cut off two panzer and a mechanized division.

I guess the AI has to be given a bonus to be tough?

Hi Weasel,

Try setting the game difficulty to Challenging.

[Image: AI%20setting.jpg]

From there you can up it till it provides the difficulty your looking for. Challenging should be considered the default for the Axis AI.

Hope this helps.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Yesterday, 11:20 AM,
Does the AI play tougher, or do they just get silly attack and defend bonuses, which really isn't making the AI tougher at all, just warping the game.

Normal is ok for me right now since I am just learning the Russian side.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Yesterday, 12:11 PM,
(Yesterday, 11:20 AM)Weasel Wrote: Does the AI play tougher, or do they just get silly attack and defend bonuses, which really isn't making the AI tougher at all, just warping the game.

Normal is ok for me right now since I am just learning the Russian side.

I do not believe it changes the AI behavior as far as scripting, it does changes the setting in the game options.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11 hours ago,
Scripting is good. Empire Total War is like that, the hard setting will have you fighting a sneaky AI that will conduct feints and flanking attacks on you, while on normal it is basically a frontal attack, but not always as I have had my superior force routed on several occasions.

But on the other hand, on hard setting every country in the world will declare war on you no matter how small they are: Saxony declares war on England...oh ok.
10 hours ago,
(11 hours ago)Weasel Wrote: Scripting is good.  Empire Total War is like that, the hard setting will have you fighting a sneaky AI that will conduct feints and flanking attacks on you, while on normal it is basically a frontal attack, but not always as I have had my superior force routed on several occasions.

But on the other hand, on hard setting every country in the world will declare war on you no matter how small they are:  Saxony declares war on England...oh ok.

In Wite, it will attack Moscow using the same script at each level so I have read. The difference is on Challenge is has 10% better morale etc etc. Trust me, it will become difficult. Big Grin