• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info About Future HPS Version Updates
07-21-2016, 04:53 AM,
zicon 3  Info About Future HPS Version Updates
To all John Tiller HPS game version owners.

From now on, all John Tiller games will be updated through the JTS site only.

There will be no further HPS game updates issued through HPS and on the HPS website.

If you own a HPS version of a title that has a newly released update, which is released over on the JTS website, you need to get in contact with JTS support in order for them to issue you a serial number. 

Please note serial numbers will only be issued for games that have had an update released on this page - http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html  - no other game will be converted until an update is released on the JTS site.

Once you load the newly released JTS update to your HPS game, you will be required to enter the new serial number when prompted.  You will only need to enter the serial number once.  The only time you would need to re-enter the number is if you installed it on a new machine.

The email address for JTS support is:

support@johntillersoftware.com
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2016, 02:21 AM,
RE: Info About Future HPS Version Updates
Thanks Chad!
07-22-2016, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 02:57 AM by agmoss99.)
I'm sure glad the HPS disks are being supported. Several of mine are from them and I'm sure for the earlier games and older members, many will be in that situation.

Mine were not purchased direct however, but from a British company years ago.
07-22-2016, 08:36 AM,
There sometimes still seems to be some confusion about what is and what isn't a Tiller game. I saw this on another club's board (and poor Paul never gets the credit he deserves),

that the Ancient Warfare series at HPS are not part of the above process mentioned by Chad. Those are still published and supported by HPS (unless Paul B says it's different) -he goes by (I think), Leonidas here.

I just thought that needed to be pointed out (and no I have no idea why anyone ever thinks they weren't an independent, stand alone project by a guy that has done a load of work on it off his own bat.).
Send this user an email
07-27-2016, 01:43 AM,
Thanks for clarifying that.  Yes, that is correct in that John Tiller games are not part of the AW series.  AW games are supported directly by Paul B through HPS.

BTW, as of late, over here, Paul is now going by Titus! Wink
10-29-2017, 02:52 AM,
Is the updates from HPS to JTS time limited?
I will update my American Civil War games!
Greetings,
O.Schmidt
10-29-2017, 03:07 AM,
No time limit.