(08-11-2019, 10:50 AM)snaekolf Wrote: I'd like to have a way of easily filtering scenarios. So, if I was only wanting infantry only, a specific number of turns, or night battles. etc. i could filter out the ones that don't fit my criteria.
Having filters on scenario selection dialog is a neat idea, for instance it would be nice to be able to view and select certain eras, for Vietnam say Indochina War scenarios, Vietnam War scenarios, Laos Secret War scenarios, etc.
While a complete overhaul of the front end is not on the immediate plans, here's what's planned for CS Vietnam:
- Scenario Select dialog is the same, enlargened one that came out with CS Middle East 2.0. More room to view scenario description text, more room to list scenarios, etc.
- Sort Order is changed a bit, it is now sorted by Date by default (was: Complexity).
- Also, visuals are rearranged a tad, so Title first, then Date, etc. Hopefully easier to read now.
- Hot keys added: PgUp/Dn to scroll scenario listing page by page, ArrowUp/Dn then row by row, and finally, Enter to select the scenario in the active row. This in particular is quite nice, imho.
- Finally, scenario file naming convention, in geo-date-location order. Now when you Order By per filename, they are grouped, so Indochina first, then Laos, then Vietnam, etc.
Hope this helps!