After a one month break, we are hereby starting the SotM: May 2014 :)
As i'm sure you are aware by now, in the meantime Battlefront released CM: RT. This means we'll have 3 games to playtest. However, to keep everything smooth and simple, we'll continue with the 2 scenarios per month recipe. This month we'll be testing CMRT and CMBN scenarios, in June CMRT and CMFI, in July CMBN + CMFI.
The scenarios to be playtested are:
CMRT: The Passage [Expecting_at_crossroad, Mad Mike, daisy, Uedel, hollister21, Lt. Smash, DB_Zero, TimoS, JohnsyFGM, Fusilier9, Plan
, Cyrano, A Canadian Cat, herrbixx , Jobu88, BrosifBallin]
CMBN: Bloody St.Omer Capelle
[Expecting_at_crossroad, Mad Mike, Duff, Panzer Lehr, daisy, hollister21, Lt. Smash, DB_Zero, Jpratt88, TimoS, HoseJock, para bellum, Plan
, ChappyCanuck, a1steaks, BrosifBallin]
If interested,please post here specifying which of the above scenarios you wish to playtest.
The testing will work like this:
1) Each month 2 scenarios will be nominated,picked from the available CMx2 game [CMRT/CMBN/CMFI].
2) You can sign-up to playtest any of the monthly scenarios and there is no limit of the number of scenarios you can play. You can sign-up to test one or both scenarios.
3) Your opponent and the side you'll play on will be randomly decided.
4) The game will count as an on-ladder game and will be reported just like a regular game unless you otherwise agree with your opponent. [the options are: report it as a ladder game,report it as a non-ladder game, report it as a scenario test game, don't report it]
5) At the end of each scenario you test, you will be asked to rate how well balanced and entertaining the scenario was.
6) You will receive a 30 pts bonus for each scenario you playtest irregardless of the final outcome of the battle.
The allied player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis opponent.
The games are to be played using 'Iron' as skill level,unless otherwise agreed.
Some other considerations to know, for those of you less familiarized with the required Blitz etiquette/house rules that will be used.
Pre-planned artillery strikes are not allowed if you're the defender, due to the small setup zones. It is however, allowed if you're playing with the attacking side.
If you can't play for an extended period of time due to vacations, holidays, real-life issues etc., please let your opponent know about it.
You can view your opponent's profile either by clicking on this name in a forum post/ladder or by going to the Members page and searching for his username using the bottom form:
You can contact your opponent by going to his profile and either sending him a private message or emailing him using the site's interface
..(see the below picture)