(05-23-2013, 03:11 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Well if you like the old "Squad Leader" look, then get these
I downloaded the "Squad Leader" look for RV... and like it a lot!
* Squad silhouettes show a squad of men - not a single person. (I would get confused identifying officers from squads in original 2D)
* See at a glance if your units are prone. Prone silhouette on counter.
* Mines, obstacles, barbed wire, improved positions, etc labeled.
* Wrecks are blackened hulls (Impossible to confuse with a "live" AFV)
* 2D terrain "pops" more. A lot on matte color contrast in different terrain like brush versus trees.
* Axis counters have battle grey back ground - much easier on the eyes!
* SS units have appropriate insignia
* Objective hexes clearly identified with controlling side's country flag
I'm sure there are more improvements!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /