Hello everyone here is a short AAR/Update on the current games in progress of !normandy44.
First some shots, and I hope the files aren't too large. Bear with an old man...
Turn 5 Omaha Beach
The 1st wave troops are just hitting the beaches.
Turn 5 Utah Beach
Turn 5 Juno
2nd Canadians wading ashore...
Turn 5 Gold Beach DETAIL
Turn 5 Omaha DETAIL
Some Big Red One boys and some 29th Infantry getting ready to bleed...
Turn 5 Juno DETAIL
The Canadians getting ready for pain.
This one shows the Jump Map for the entire Normandy coastline....100 km of coastline boys...plenty to do...for those lookig for a large one. You can see the inland blue areas where the Yank and British airborne troops landed during the first three turns. They are fighting for their lives.
As a result of the information gathered during the playtesting for this scenario the following changes are already being implemented:
1. Reinforcement Display Hexes "mirror imaged" during display for Germans.
2. Change 1,118 to pillbox.
3. Reduce Jemimas/Engineers on Utah
4. Eliminated trucks from paras.
5. Gold Beach (Love-King-Jig-Item) Brits too weak/Germans too strong.
6. Add Centaur IV's to Juno/Gold.
7. Reduce/eliminate some stone walls along 239,169 to 265,184 to facilitate truck/HQ movement along and away from roads.
8. Eliminate low stone wall @230,168 (hedge).
9. Hex 332,202 has road but units paying 65 APs check map file.
10. Add leaders for 716th Division, 778th Engineers.
11. Leaders for SS 12th Division 287th AT Battalion.
12. Add ranks to ALL commander names.
13. Add some backline artillery for German defenders. Add some reinforcement artillery to Germans.
14. Delete bocage hexside 283,192 (up) allow movement through village.
15. Replace bocage with low hedge hex 234,175
16. Scout and consider other areas along roads where bocage should be eliminated to allow for vehicle movement into all areas of map.
17. Passe de Carentan requires some re-mapping with more swamp and less elevation.
18. By turn 20 Allies have massive tanks. Evaluate arrival of first quality German off map armor to adjust timing as needed.
19. Move ONE British battleship back 12 hexes to prevent excessive inland shelling.
20. Replace bocage with hedge 233,174 (both sides)
21. Trim down DD Shermans due to inland river crossing potential.
22. Add Free Polish?
23. Add commentary in "read me" explaining the need to get organizational order with a massive game like this. You must achieve Divisional/Corps integrity to be effective.
24. Remove bocages 63,176 1249,191 194,177 234,175 307,201 44,164 310,204
25. Replace Lord Lovat with mechanized commander.
26. Add forest/cover behind cliffs between Utah and Omaha to conceal HQs and units there from Allied advance.
27. Remove low stone wall @ hex 18,145 and 21,154 to allow halftrack and AC movement. (45,165 also)
28. Evaluate and reduce Allied artillery. (land based) They may have too much.
29. Shrink Flugplatz Caen (Carpiquet Airfield) a bit. Caen may need to be larger.
30. Add more defensive fortifications around and in Caen. Make tougher. More snags, more fixed and unfixed troops.
31. Open some roads by deleting some bocage 295,220 286,220 282,228 300,217 292,217
32. Evaluate Hill 112 for playability. It's difficult terrain.
And these are just a small part of the improvements the testing has led to. Just wanted you to know your tax dollars and H2H testing are hard at work...(:O)
I'm going to post up some Turn 30 shots next...the map is quite a different place 30 turns later.
My thanks to all.