since I got back to this wonderful place many of GH tourney participants have asked me about continuing it. I personally couldnt see any chance of doing so, as I can hardly find time even for little gaming, not to mention amount of time and work needed to re-run tourney. However, there seems to be one brave soul, called Wigam, which asked me for permission to take over GH.
For many reasons I was delighted with his offer, mainly because we were halfway thru, secondly I considered it my best tournament up to date and last but not least I already have beautiful medals ready.
Medals are courtessy of Walrus' girlfriend, Kaitlin. IMHO she did excellent job and I would be very happy if we finally present players with such fine medals. But in order to do that, tourney has to be finished.
Now, there are some pro's and con's :
1) I know at least some players want to continue
2) I know we can have GH tournament forum restored
3) I know Wigam wants to do it and for sure he is capable of doing so
4) I know tourney web page is still active http://www.bibi.sarmacka.net/turniej
although I dont pay for the space anymore, so it can be turned off anytime. But at the moment all info from web page is available.
but on the other hand :
1) what about drop outs ???
2) first drop would be Wigam, cause he cant run tourney and play in the same time. I would be honored to replace him, but I am not sure if other players agree
3) I lost probably all the info, databases etc. needed by tourney master. So this would require great effort from players and Wigam to get whole thing on the track again.
So please let us know about your opinion. Is there a need for this tourney to be continued and if yes, is there a chance for succes ?